AtHeat UKwe are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect about you to enhance your experience online and improve our service to youand as required by the UK Data Protection Act 2018 and all other data protection legislation currently in force,we follow strict security procedures in the storageand disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access.
The Regulation applies to anyone processing personal data and sets out principles which should be followed and gives rights to those whose informationis being processed.
This privacy notice tells you what to expect us to do with your personal information when you contactus or enter into an agreement with us.
In this Privacy Notice we’ll tell you:
• why we can process your information;
• hat purpose we are processing it for;
• whether you must provide it to us;
• how long we store it for;
• whether there are other recipients of your personal information;
• whether we intend to transfer it to another country; and
• whether we do automated decision-making or profiling.
HeatUK takes its responsibilities seriously and adheres to the Data Protection Principles as listed below;
When processing information we will ensure that it is:
processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way;
• processed only for the purpose that the informationwas collected for;
• limited to what is necessary;
• accurate and kept up to date;
• kept for no longer than is necessary;
• kept safe and secure;
• only shared with other Organisations who can demonstrate compliance with the regulations
Our Contact Details
There are many ways you can contact us, including via our website, post, email, telephone or in person;
Name: Heat UK
Postal Address: 48-50 Westoe Road, South Shields NE33 4NA
Telephone: 0191 4562670
Heat UK are a Data Controller and registered with the ICO. Registration: ZA320041(The Gas Trade Centre Limited.)
What information does Heat UK collect?
When you contact Heat UK we collect the following information from you directly:
• personal information such as your name and contact details (address, email address, telephone number);
• other personal identifiers such as IP Addresses you use to access our website along with your usage details.
When you enter into a contract/agreement with us we maycollectfurther personal informationfrom you. The type of additional informationwe may collect is:
• Payment card details;
• Your date of birth;
• Proof of identity.
If we need to collect sensitive information, we will always seek your explicit consent first.
We may use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important functionality changes to the website, new products, services and special offers we think you’ll find valuable.
If you would rather not receive this information, details of how to remove yourself from our subscription system will be contained in the emails that you receive from us. Make sure you change your preferences for each account you hold or email address you have provided.
Why does Heat UK collect and process this information?
The information collected and processedis for one or more of the following reasons:
• When you use our website or to enquire about our services via our website or telephone;
• When you enter into an agreement with us for any service provision;
• To enable us to support our customer obligations and service requirements;
• To notify you of any enhancements or updates to the services or systems we provided to you;
• Where you gave your consent for marketing purposes. You can opt out of this at any time by either selecting the unsubscribe link shown on any marketing emails or by contacting us directly;
• To manage our business;
• Perform the terms of our agreement with you.
Your information will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling other when used for analytical purposes. In such situations, the information is anonymised meaning you cannot be identified through this means.
In most cases, the lawful bases or reason(s) for processing your information is in fulfilment of a contract, for example:
• Where you send a query via our website or telephone requesting information about our products and services to help you decide to enter into a contract with us.
• In acceptance of our terms and conditions for the repair, maintenance, servicing, inspection or supply of boiler and heating system services
In certain circumstances we also use other lawful bases as follows:
• Where you provide us with your specific consent for marketing purposes
• To fulfil our regulatory and legal requirements
• Our legitimate interests, for example:
– to improve our services;
– to conduct web analytics;-to administer and protect our business, website and social media profiles;
– for the prevention and detection of fraud and spam; and-for the establishment, exercise and defense of legal claims.
What about Cookies?
How does Heat UK protect customer information?
We are committed to ensuring that your informationis secure. As such we have put in place appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard it, including the use of user logins and passwords to our internal systems, secure cloud-based data storage, encryption, anti-virus software and network vulnerability scanning.
All information entered and stored within our internal systems are kept for the duration required for us to fulfil our contractual and legal requirements. Where you have given your consent for us to retain your personal information for marketing purposes, we will retain this until you notify us otherwise. You can retract your consent at any time by contacting us at Info.email@example.com
Will Heat UK disclose the information it collects to outside parties?
We may use third party organisations to provide elements of our services on our behalf. We have contracts in place with these organisations which means that they cannot do anything with your personal information unless we have instructed them to do so. They will hold it securely for the purposes of and retain it for the period we instruct.The main organisations we share your information with are:
• IT and other software providers to enable us to collect and process data in fulfilling your query, in fulfilment of our agreement with you and for our marketing purposes (based on your consent).
• Health and safety and quality assessors who inspect our work in compliance with OFGEM and other related Regulations
• Payment card processors to take payment for our services.
• Sub-contractors who may undertake the supply and installation of products and services on our behalf
We will not share your information with any third parties for the purpose of marketing services directly to you. Heat UKdoes not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. Also, Heat UK may provide aggregate statistics about our customers, sales, traffic patterns and related site information to reputable third-party vendors, but these statistics will not include any personally identifying information.
There may be occasions, such as when information is stored in the Field Service Management Software System used where your information is processed outside of the EEA. Where this is the case appropriate organisational and technical measures are adopted to ensure the protection of your information.
Should you require any further details about the circumstances in which processing of your information may be outside of the EEA, please contact us at Info.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Subject Rights
Under EU legislation, you have rights as a Data Subject including:
• Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
• Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
• Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to restriction of processing -You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
• Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
• Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not normally required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at: Info.email@example.com you wish to make a request.
Tell us what you think
Heat UK welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Should you not be entirely satisfied with any aspect of how we have used your information, please contact us directly and we will endeavour to resolve your query as quickly as possible.
Should your query not be resolved to your full satisfaction you may also complain to the ICO at the following address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113